Enhancing your appearance with an arm lift
Fluctuations in weight, growing older and even heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance.
Exercise may strengthen and improve the underlying muscle tone of the upper arm, but it cannot address excess skin that has lost elasticity or underlying weakened tissues and localized fat deposits.
If the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat, an arm lift may be right for you.
An arm lift:
- Reduces excess skin and fat between the underarm and the elbow
- Reshapes your arm to result in smoother skin and contours
- Results in a more toned and proportionate appearance
A special note: In order to achieve your improved image, there will be a scar on the inside of your upper arm.
What is an arm lift?
An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that reshapes the under portion of the upper arm, from the underarm region to the elbow. The procedure is performed to:
- Reduce excess sagging skin that droops downward
- Tighten and smooth the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
- Reduce localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Is it right for me?
In general, candidates for an arm lift include:
- Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations
View the before and after photo gallery provided by The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Surgery of the Upper Arm--Brachioplasty
What To Expect:
An arm lift, also known as brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure
to remove loose skin and excess fat deposits in the upper arm. With
age, upper arm skin can become loose and flabby. Plastic surgeons
will discuss brachioplasty with patients who want to tighten this
skin and look as good as they feel. In some cases your plastic surgeon
may suggest that liposuction be used alone or in conjunction with
an arm lift to remove excess fat in the upper arms.
[ back to top ]